He wants BOSE, HELP!!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A friend of mine heard them, and nothing else, the small cubes, and is going to get them.
So, I started looking for an independent article someone, an expert, had researched and written on their marketing, manufacturing, strange ptents and how they litigate others.
It was a dam good article and I know I have it on my old worm infected hard drive that I will never touch without rubber gloves.

THXs :clown:

You mean the pitiful, localized midbass from the 'bass module' wasn't enough reason to spend $3000 elsewhere? Little hope then. Seriously, there was a long and rambling thread with most all of the good anti- and pro- bose opinions brought out a while back. Search a while.

help has arrived

You forgot to mention what you wanted!!!!

I'll assume you need the link to the "dam good article", so here is the one you are most likely referring to. I was stunned when I read this.

I own an acoustimass system, 5 single cubes and 2 5.25" "woofers". However, this article only pertains to the newer bose acousticrap models, mine are older, back when you could actually demo them in rooms with other speakers.
Prior to these I had two different technics 3-ways and the bose kick their butts everywhere except low end in big rooms, however in my small bedroom, back in the day wow, bass was awesome.(subjective, I knew nothing)

Tell your friend, either get the older ones heavily discounted off ebay or youll smack him. I payed $400 for surround sound, shipped!!
If he has a large room to fill, I dont recommend the acoustimass at all, I had to pull out my old 3-way 12" towers(two 12's isobarically mounted in one box) to get bass in my large studio.
Without the 12's the bose mini-thumper is extremely weak.
Also, I have my satelites in front of a huge window, this boosts the lacking high end response. AND I HAVE CONCRETE WALLS.

BTW I am here for a reason, think about it.

in addition...

I forgot to mention, when I purchased my sennheiser headphones I noticed the true weaknesses of the bose.
They sounded compressed and I noticed alot of the subtleties(however that is spelled) of the music were just gone. One good thing, all of my low quality mp3's sound awesome on the bose and really bad on the headphones, ahh the upside to crappy speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.