Audio Tester Software - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th December 2005, 10:42 AM   #31
oldbar is offline oldbar  Australia
diyAudio Member

I am absolutley hopeless at building a jig .I am wondering is there anyone in Australia that would build me one if I paid for it
Old 14th December 2005, 11:35 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Irwin AR
make it 2.
Old 14th December 2005, 01:53 PM   #33
JMB is offline JMB  United States
diyAudio Member

For those who have difficulty building the jig for SW (or other measurement software), Claudio Negro has a cable set up that should not be difficult to use or to "build". It requires no more expertise than "building" a crossover. You can see it at his home page, www.claudionegro.com, or in the Speaker Workshop Manual.

Regarding measurement software, keep in mind that there are many people out there who have built wonderful speakers from soup to nuts with Speaker Workshop. Its data is reliable for those who take the time to accurately calibrate (this is required for all software, free or not). Though there are bugs, they are few and generally identified with most of the fixes also described. The newer free software may be good, but you will find far less support and documentation available at this point. I think that the Manual and Claudio's website significantly decreases the learning curve. The 2nd Edition of the Manual will do so even more.

Jay
Old 14th December 2005, 02:04 PM   #34
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by JMB
For those who have difficulty building the jig for SW (or other measurement software), Claudio Negro has a cable set up that should not be difficult to use or to "build". It requires no more expertise than "building" a crossover. You can see it at his home page, www.claudionegro.com, or in the Speaker Workshop Manual.

Regarding measurement software, keep in mind that there are many people out there who have built wonderful speakers from soup to nuts with Speaker Workshop. Its data is reliable for those who take the time to accurately calibrate (this is required for all software, free or not). Though there are bugs, they are few and generally identified with most of the fixes also described. The newer free software may be good, but you will find far less support and documentation available at this point. I think that the Manual and Claudio's website significantly decreases the learning curve. The 2nd Edition of the Manual will do so even more.

Jay
I certainly can't argue that Speaker Workshop is great...it just isn't the most intuitive program I have ever used. Granted we all think in different ways. Add to fact that it is free and you have a real winner for DIY.

While we are on the subject of measurement software...can anyone recomend a good firewire or USB soundcard for use with a laptop. This will be primarily for measurement purposes. I'm perfectly satisfied with my current setup for doing impedance measurements on my desktop PC, but I would like to do some quasi anechoic frequency response measurements outside using my laptop. The internal soundcard just isn't linear enough for me.

G.
Old 14th December 2005, 03:34 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

I get very good results with an M-Audio Transit with my laptop. It's a very small USB 2-channel device with both analog and optical inputs and outputs.
Just make sure that the s/w you're using is OK with the extra latency that a USB sound card will provide.

Hide this!Advertise here!