Audio Tester Software - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th December 2005, 01:42 AM   #21
diyAudio Member

Hi

I just wanted to ask about speaker workshop --> When I enter the speaker parameters, it just accepts them, if I try to plot the crossover response, I get nothing, the same happens when I want to start with enclosure design and response plotting.

May be I am missing something here, for sure...

Thanks
Old 6th December 2005, 11:07 AM   #22
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Hi Metal,

In order to do crossover modeling you need to have actual driver response data (as far as I am aware), unless you just make some target repsonses and associate them with the driver.

Once you have your driver parameters in then you should be able to model a box, You need to add the driver to the box first though. I sugest you take a look at jays speaker workshop manual http://www.audiodiycentral.com/resou...nual%201.0.zip or Claudio's speaker workshop pages... http://www.claudionegro.com/

Tony.
Old 7th December 2005, 08:27 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Hi man

Thanks alot in deed
Old 8th December 2005, 03:05 PM   #24
JMB is offline JMB  United States
diyAudio Member

One comment:

The updated new and vastly improved Unofficial Speaker Workshop manual should be posted within the next 2-3 weeks. I have worked hard to get rid of the bugs, update the spreadsheets, and clarify any confusion that people have noted in posts or emails over the past year and half since it was originally posted. Nelson and Claudio helped immeasureably.

Jay
Old 10th December 2005, 09:41 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Hello JMB

I hope I didn't get this wrong, but are you going to release a new version of speaker workshop in addition to the updated manual ?

Thanks in advance
Old 12th December 2005, 12:12 PM   #26
JMB is offline JMB  United States
diyAudio Member

I will be releasing a second edition to the Manual. I was originally going to separate out information that helped to explain why we do a lot of the procedures that we do but I opted to leave that information in as I did in the first edition.

I am working on the Table of Contents and internal links. Other edits and corrections have been made. Once complete, the 2nd Edition will be released (I anticipate prior to Xmas).

Jay
Old 13th December 2005, 02:56 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Just out of curiosity anyone tried Loudspeaker Lab

www.wavecapture.com

There is a free demo available, works great for measurement purposes.
Old 13th December 2005, 07:37 PM   #28
diyAudio Member

Hello

I tried that too, I read some things in the manual that stated that the software needs a unit to work with, which is shipped when buying the software, but seems good one, and writen in C also the software has many options that make it fabulous, and its not that expensive as other softwares, so I think its a good deal to have it on your desktop
Old 14th December 2005, 02:08 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by metal
Hello

I tried that too, I read some things in the manual that stated that the software needs a unit to work with, which is shipped when buying the software, but seems good one, and writen in C also the software has many options that make it fabulous, and its not that expensive as other softwares, so I think its a good deal to have it on your desktop

Metal,

Nothing special is required to use Loudspeaker LAB just the standard impedance jig that all the programs require. I hooked up a modified Wallin jig and it worked VERY well. The calibration procedure is very simple as well.

Also I took a look at ARTA tonight this looks extremely promising. I'll likely have a chance to make some measurements tomorrow.

G.
Old 14th December 2005, 06:30 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Gcollier

Metal,

Nothing special is required to use Loudspeaker LAB just the standard impedance jig that all the programs require. I hooked up a modified Wallin jig and it worked VERY well. The calibration procedure is very simple as well.

Also I took a look at ARTA tonight this looks extremely promising. I'll likely have a chance to make some measurements tomorrow.

G.

As I said before, my sound cracd is not appropriate for ARTA, LS LAB, and some others in deed, I already built the JIG II, and tested it on another PC which has a better sound card with Speaker Workshop, and it worked fine, as well other softwares did, but as long as I don't want to change my SC, I will be happy with LPMS, take it easy my friend, things are mch easier than I thought they were, so bring it up

LS LAB and ARTA are both promising in deed, as you can see, many people use them, a friend told me that LS LAB was very goog, he used version 2 as I remember, and when I asked him about speaker measurements, he directed me there, but my self, I have not dine much work with it.

bye G,

MetaL

Hide this!Advertise here!