Happy with Seas 27TBFC/G

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

my new Seas tweeters arrived, and I'm very happy with them. They supersede the Fountek ribbon tweeters. I wasn't pleased by them after I overstreched the ribbon with DC. It was always a hassle with them. Additionally I decided to cross at 1600 Hz and therefore they had to go ;-)
I must admit that the Seas are a effective replacement. Some may miss a "sparkle" at the heights, but that was already gone with my damaged ribbons, so I don't bemoan the loss of them.
As a conclusion, I find ribbons to be too fragile for DIY, especially when building electronics.

Have fun
Stephan

At 1600 Hz for sure, and in comparison with the stretched ribbon also. But an undamaged Fountek ribbon might have more sparkle in the heights.

For known reasons I cannot compare them in their original condition. But I'm sure I won't change back to the ribbons.

Stephan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.