Gluing in T-nuts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I drill the hole for the T-nut, bang it in about 1/2 way, pop some Araldite under the legs, bang the nut down the rest of the way (I put a bit of wood on the nut and make sure it doesn't move so no Araldite gets on the thread or my rubber hammer) and then put a bit more araldite round the legs of the nut.

Seems to work well. Epoxy is good stuff to use in this application becuasu it stays where it's applied.

That makes a lot of sense. Araldite is a right pain to find on this side of the pond, so I'll look at other things. I wonder if Gorilla Glue would work.

Sebastien, merci de ton avis. Je te proposerai une St-Ambroise si j'etais dans le coin, mais ca fait des annees que j'ai quitte Montreal. La ville me manque, mais pas la neige, ****** de *****!

"Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver...."

Francois.

DSP_Geek said:
That makes a lot of sense. Araldite is a right pain to find on this side of the pond, so I'll look at other things. I wonder if Gorilla Glue would work.

Sebastien, merci de ton avis. Je te proposerai une St-Ambroise si j'etais dans le coin, mais ca fait des annees que j'ai quitte Montreal. La ville me manque, mais pas la neige, ****** de *****!

"Mon pays, ce n'est pas un pays, c'est l'hiver...."

Francois.

Hmm, so the naughty language filter does not work en Francais.

Max

DSP_Geek said:

I'd be worried that Gorilla Glue would foam up everywhere and get into the threads TBH.

Maybe if you covered the bolt in grease and applied the GG to the nuts with the bolt in place, it would stop the threads getting GG in them and allow you to easily remove the bolt?

I reckon epoxy glue would be better than GG though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.