Seas Excel W18 vs. Vifa PL18

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
After listening to these two drivers, I am beginning to appreciate the Seas driver more and more. Although the Vifa is very good with a clear midrange, the Seas has an uncanny ability to reproduce the human voice and fill out the spaces in the soundstage.

I have the Vifa in the MTM config vs. a simple TM for the Seas. Sure the MTM does have a better soundstage presentation by a comfortable margin but the Seas sound just more natural and has a natural warmness that is lacking in the Vifa. I can't imagine how the Seas would sound like if built in a MTM config.

Vifa MTM vs Seas Excel MTM is no fair comparison. Money or sound wise. Have owned several Vifa based speakers and have recently listened to the Thor speakers(Excel MTM) in direct comparison to amongst others Vifa DIY kits. Thor has wider and deeper soundstage, more refinement and detail than the Vifa based systems. They can sound a bit bright though but certainly not analytical.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.