New (old) transducer technology from Infinity

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Reviving the "square" driver technology from the 80's (I think I recall some Sony models) using some of their old technology ( remember the EMIT, EMIM) with a new twist. Interesting that at least they are trying something a little different. Perhaps the driver technology experts here can analyse this a bit further.
Of course, how good it performs (sounds) is really all that matters.
White paper:
http://manuals.harman.com/INF/HOM/Miscellaneous/MRS_WhtPaper.pdf

Cheers,

AJ

INFINITY CASCADE ($699 ea :eek: )

h108CASM5B-o.jpeg

A flat panel is subject to more complicated vibration modes, and relies on complicated structural design to eliminate them. The more complicated the design gets, the more expensive, the heavier the weight, and more powerfull motor necessary, especially at the higher frequencies.

The more motors driving the panels, the more consideration needs to be made to place the motors such that they not only do not excite the panel structural vribration modes, but best cause cancelation of vibration modes.

The more motors pusshing the panel makes tolorance of motor performance important for good quality sound, otherwise you will hear additional distortion.

this could be very interresting for designing portable speaker... to my not so experienced mind tht tech-info, while commercial, seems consistent.
The problem with flat was mechanical strenght, i would like to know if their diaphragm structure works as well as they tell it do
the question is also is there any probability that such a product comes a day or another on the diy market

sorry ...english ... :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.