Peerless #850122 and #850108

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
last weekend I built a speaker enclosure for testing out my Peerless drivers.
Peerless CSX 176 H
Peerless DT 100

Because I wish to build two-way floorstanding speakers with those, enclosure height was not a concern. So I decided to build a "classic" TL enclosure. This single-fold testing-TL is ~85 inch long, and CSA: S0=2.8Sda, SL=0.7Sd. When stuffed, it seems to give a nice bass response to low 30~35Hz in room (depending on placement).

I found this page and noticed that his "Garnet II" bookshelf-speaker uses the same DT 100 tweeter and Peerless' five-inch version of CSX-series. I'm just wondering, could the crossover of his Garnet II be used with my transmission line speaker(s) with little (or little more) modification? Any comments?

hds

Hi Arcturus,

I used a similar xover with Peerless HDS 5" & Tweeter @ 3000Hz,
but with no zobel/notch, it worked very well;
If you're using the same drivers as Lou, you'll likely have no problem, but will need to deal with BSC because of the different shape of your cabinet, probably by tweaking the notch as mentioned on the Garnet site.

Pete McK

Hello PeteMc

Thanks for your time. I'm using the Peerless' 850122 woofers in my speakers, which are 6,5", while the Garnet has 850108 5" woofers. But their frequency response is of course not identical, but actually quite close to each other...

I tried this crossover and it sounds quite nice. Especially when I replaced the woofer's 1,2 mH serial coil with 2,0 mH. (Baffle step correction?)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.