Dynaudio D-54 midrange driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!
I Have been searching for one piece of D-54 midrange driver, more than one year, and it seems like I have the last unbroken d-54 driver in the world. :bawling: . If somebody in here knows, from where I could possiby find and buy the driver, please let me know about it. See attached file, (pic of D-54).

Attachments

• d-54.jpg
    d-54.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 675
Hi Jere

Dynaudio isn't serving the DIY audio community with new drivers anymore as many might have experienced.
I have been talking to the Swiss Dynaudio representative about two years ago and he mentioned that they would still sell new drivers as spares if you return the broken one, but at prices about 30 to 40 % higher than they sold them as DIY components back then. I think it willl be about the same in other countries.

So if you manage to get a broken one............;)

Regards

Charles

P.S. I haven't visited those pages for ages but some American dealers like Madisound etc still had some Dynaudio drivers in very small quantities on stock some months ago. Maybe you should check them out first.

phase_accurate said:
Hi Jere

Dynaudio isn't serving the DIY audio community with new drivers anymore as many might have experienced.
I have been talking to the Swiss Dynaudio representative about two years ago and he mentioned that they would still sell new drivers as spares if you return the broken one, but at prices about 30 to 40 % higher than they sold them as DIY components back then. I think it willl be about the same in other countries.

So if you manage to get a broken one............;)

Regards

Charles

P.S. I haven't visited those pages for ages but some American dealers like Madisound etc still had some Dynaudio drivers in very small quantities on stock some months ago. Maybe you should check them out first.

Madisound had sold out their Dynaudio stock, I checked it few months ago.

Actually I have broken one, but problem is that the last D-54 was manufactured about ten years ago.

only d-54 driver which is still available, from digitex for example, is D-54af, but it isn't exact same, and therefore I should buy two pieces of them.

My only hope is if somebody have An extra D-54 and he wants sell it.

Jere,

I have two D54 AF almost mint in their original box that i would sell. Did some testing with them trying to cross it to a 30W54 with bad results so I took them off. And later I tested it in a Tactrix horn (amaizing) but didn't have any woofer or twit to go with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.