New to DIY, looking for advice

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, and thank you for welcoming me to your forum. Although I have never considere building my own speakers, I have always tried to get the best quality sound out of what was at my disposal. My current setup is modest, but suits my needs well. My receiver is a denon avr-1505, with a pair of klipsch kg1.2 and a klipsch rw-8 sub. I was considering buying a pair of klipsch rf-15's to replace the 1.2's and move them to the rear.
Here's where I'm stuck. I recently came across some never used, still in the box drivers, but don't know enough about DIY or these drivers to make an educated decision. They are
1 pair KEFB139C type SP1333
1 pair Audax HM 130Z0
2 pair Morel MDT33
I just don't know if it's worth buying the RF-15's (about 900.00 CAD) or using that money to build my own. I've heard the klipsch speakers, and know they sound great, but have never listened to a pair of homemade speakers. Any ideas???

p.s. sorry for rambling.

There's more to DIY than trying get more for less. If you're naturally curious about how things work, like to build things and, of course, love music then go for DIY. If all you're trying to do is get a decent pair of speakers and have no interest in pursuing it further then just buy them.
The issue is, unless you're using a proven design, you'll need to learn how to acquire and use Thiel/Small parameters, how to measure frequency response (amongst other things) and how to design and build crossovers. This will take time to learn about and require some type of measurement equipment to do it right.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.