Looking for "good" crossover software

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been looking at some crossover design software to help me in designing some theoretical speakers i haven't come across any which do anymore than simple 1st through 4th order networks. What i'm after is something that can design zobel and help me filter out peaks. Is there such software available? If not, is there some kind of DIY guide which explains how to calculate this?

Thanks!

Scott

Calsod, still one of the best there is. Can simulate about any configuration you like, no restrictions to standard crossovers, just build an imagenary crossover circuit with zobel's, notch filter, shelving filters etc in it, whatever you like and it will simulate it highly accuratly and can optimize it to any target curve you tell it to. No freeware or shareware though and runs under DOS.

I think LEAP will do fine also but I don't have any experience with it. It's also more complicated and it costs a lot more.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
something I have been meaning to get into is http://www.geocities.com/f4ier/newxoversim.htm

it's by one of our forum members :) I've been using speaker workshop up till now, but want to give crossover simulator a try. Looks very nice and can certainly do zobel or notch filters. I beleive it will do anything that you can come up with a circuit for (like spearker workshop).

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.