non parallel h-frames

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i was thinking about constructing some non parallel h-frames for my ciare 250 and pyle ppa-15's.

due to space restrictions though i had been putting the project aside but now am reconsidering the project, with a twist.

how might mounting the sub-woofers at 45 degree angles affect the sound?

i've attached a rough image of the concept.

using this method i hope to gain some leeway on how much room is necessary behind the speaker.. i'm not sure if the theory equates though since soundwaves dont emit straight back from the magnet of the drive only.. in this case the soundwaves emited from the rim of the cone would reflect off the rear wall first instead.

Attachments

• r1.jpg
    r1.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 193
Soundwaves don´t emit straight from the magnet, indeed. Since a loudspeaker radiates sound in a radial fashion, you win no leeway behind the speakers by tilting them.

What you should consider: The H frame resonance gets somewhat smeared by arranging the woofers as described. And you will get some ripples in the frequency responce due to reflections from the adjacent basket.

Hope the diagram explains what I mean. Measurement is in the nearfield just in front of the H frame.

Attachments

• 2xw250_h_dipol_nahfeld_pur.gif
    2xw250_h_dipol_nahfeld_pur.gif
    16.9 KB · Views: 136
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.