Eton Drivers for Studio Monitors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Puggie said:
Adams' monitors use Eton midbasses and som other planar tweets.

they sound very nice.

Thank you Puggie,

Yes, the Adams use them in 3 way designs along with Air Motion Transformers, similar to Heils. For 2 ways however, they use some other midbass units.

Basically, I am completely torn between Eton 5-880, Seas L18RNX, Seas W15CH001, and W15CY-001, for midbass. I am recording mostly classical piano, if it is of any help.

Any points would be greatly appreciated.

Re: How about this?

Padel said:

If you recordinging classical piano then I suggest to serious think building a pair of these babies!!!

These where the choice of some top audio engineers for solo piano recording monitor.

I have the link somewhere, but where

:bawling: ???

Regards

In fact, that is what I am using in the present. They are very nice, however a little bit "too musical". Also, they are not completely flat--the upper midrange is a little bit forward. As you could expect of the driver this size the off axis is very poor.
They are very good for editing job, though.

What I am looking for is a dry, ruler flat, absolutely honest reproducer, with as little listening fatique, as it is possible (sometimes I work 16 hours a day :xeye: ).

Not that I'd enjoy them listening, but they should be a precise tool, revealing everything hapening in the music.

Oh, I see!!!

What I am looking for is a dry, ruler flat, absolutely honest reproducer, with as little listening fatique, as it is possible (sometimes I work 16 hours a day ).

One other alternative is this:

They use all Morel speakers, a 6 1/2 midwoofer (MW-164) and a 1 inch soft dome (MDT-30) in a sealed 10Lt enclosure. Both drivers are extremely flat.
Driving them with a Behringer DCX2496 digital crossover ( or this ) and a pair of Chipamps (gainclones) per side will do the job nicely.

Have a look here and here.

hope that helps.

Attachments

• tsmred.jpg
    tsmred.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 345
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.