Freeware (or usable demo/trial) acoustical measurement software? (other that SW!)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anybody here looked at this software?
http://www.wavecapture.com/

I rather like it, it's very user friendly. I have also tinkered with ARTA and found it very easy to use. I'm not sure about the absolute accuracy of my measurements, but I do find them highly repeatable (which tells me I am doing something right...or consistantly wrong :D ) I'd love to give Soundeasy a try before I shell out big bucks fot it, but alas no demo :mad:

It would be nice if somone would develop a simple tool for multiway crossover simulation (I have seen most of what is currently available). Seriously a simple tool that lets you define your slopes and frequencies, then spits it out to the speakers and lets you capture the response is all that I ask for. If Paologatto is looking to add a really nice plugin to SC here is his chance...nudge nudge. ;)

Anyway this thread has been a rather interesting read.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
paologatto said:
optimized ... windows platform.

a bit of an oxymoron that :)

Maybe that in post processing mode it will work inside some environment emulators (actually I didn't try).

A good chance... particularily on the new Intel Macs. With a bit more work emulators like
this one might well put the Mac right in the thick of the fastest windows machines.

dave

planet10 said:

a bit of an oxymoron that :)

A good chance... particularily on the new Intel Macs. With a bit more work emulators like
this one might well put the Mac right in the thick of the fastest windows machines.

dave

I remember most emulators in the past did not work well with OS specific I/O very well, bring compatibility problems with hardware from different companies. I wonder what the situation is now.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
soongsc said:
remember most emulators in the past did not work well with OS specific I/O very well, bring compatibility problems with hardware from different companies. I wonder what the situation is now.

Given that the intel macs are heavily based on an intel motherboard, that hackers have gotten OS X running on PCs it shouldn't be too bad.

dave

soongsc said:

I remember most emulators in the past did not work well with OS specific I/O very well, bring compatibility problems with hardware from different companies. I wonder what the situation is now.

I don't have a Mac and I cannot make these tests myself, but I'm very interested to know if someone check it out.

For the audio part Sample Champion uses that plain standard MME windows drivers (no DirectX, no ASIO, no custom drivers) so maybe that a good emulator and a fast machine could also manage correctly the audio samplping..

Can you guys recommend a user friendly program for measuring basic T/S parameters?

I make enclosures and some times the spec sheets are way off, i dont know how to calculate the T/S the old fashioned way and i know software can do this these days.

Your Purebits looks very complex and that scares me, i dont mind paying for something if it does what i need it to without to much drama.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.