Source of black hex screws, threaded inserts etc in Australia?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
David
Woops, I hit the enter button too soon.

Farnell Part numbers 603-247 (M4 x 2omm button head hex drive screw - Black)
298-487 (M4 x 20mm black hex drive cap head screw)
298-505 (M4 x 30mm black hex drive cap head screw)

From Wurths Part number 0376 4 8 - M4 "T" nut (about $17.00 per pack of 100)

Damo

Damosan said:
David
Woops, I hit the enter button too soon.

Farnell Part numbers 603-247 (M4 x 2omm button head hex drive screw - Black)
298-487 (M4 x 20mm black hex drive cap head screw)
298-505 (M4 x 30mm black hex drive cap head screw)

From Wurths Part number 0376 4 8 - M4 "T" nut (about $17.00 per pack of 100)

Damo
Thanks Damo. :)
I wish their websites were a little more user friendly. If only parts express was in Aus.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hi David I got some of these (pictured) today from Coventry Fasteners

they didn't have insert nuts, but at least I have some nice m4 screws now, that are 30mm long, are black and have very low profile button heads, with hex drive :) unfortunately they don't have an online catalog, and didn't appear to have a catalog in store either... I just told them what I was after, and they said yeah we can do that (except the insert nuts).

I'm going to resort to aralditing the hex screws in at the back of my baffle.... the main problem is that I chamfered the rear of the hole before I put the nuts in..... makes it kinda difficult to a) drill, and b) hit them in with a hammer ;).

Tony.

Attachments

• m4_button_head.jpg
    m4_button_head.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 96
Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Not yet ;) I decided after putting the screwdriver through the surround that I'm not going to work on these again when I am tired (and today I am tired)...

I saw the threaded inserts at Bunnings too, but the smallest they had were M6 which would probably be ok for my 10" drivers but not my 5" ones.... M4 is the max size.

will post a pic when they are securing a driver to the baffle :)

Tony.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK here is a not great photo of the screws holding the speaker to the baffle :) the nuts on the back aren't glued yet, I'm about to go do that now (wish me luck!!!) but it doesn't look too bad, raw mdf and yet to be chamfered baffle aside.

Tony.

Attachments

• speaker_with_allenkey_screws.jpg
    speaker_with_allenkey_screws.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 74
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.