My first DIY, biting off more than I can chew on purpose!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here they are glued without the front baffle.

Attachments

• glueing jig02.jpg
    glueing jig02.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 284
The front baffles had to be done in matched pairs and accounted for nearly 100 hrs of work as the back-side was bowled out to give the midrange breathing room. Then a layer of fiberglass was applied to strengthen around the Tweeter recesses, most of the baffle and enclosure was a min of 2 in thick. The inside of the octagons were layered with a Tar slurry and another layer of 3/4 MDF then another layer of Tar. I have probably 50 pics of the construction process but just dont have the time and web space to post them

Attachments

• front baffel_6.jpg
    front baffel_6.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 268
i wanna kick myself.

a few years ago (1997) a built a hexagonal pyramid (9" base) for a friend with a SS 8546 and 9500 on one of the six faces. The cabient was just like this one. Same jig etc. Wow.

It NEVER occured to me to use the bottom face as a speaker cabinet I looked at a pyramid like is suppose to be looked at. Never on its side! I guess I am horrible at lateral thinking!

great job nonetheless.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.