Design recommendations for active computer speakers via KX Project?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking for some ideas on fully active computer speakers that will be crossed and EQed with KX Project. I'd like to build something crazy, like a mini dipole, but am concerned about placement. I can not get the speaker more than 1.5 feet from the back wall, and no more than 1.5 feet from the sides of my monitor. I have plenty of space away from the side walls, but I'm just concerned about the close proximity to the rear wall and monitor. I was thinking of putting some sort of acoustic foam on the rear wall; is this feasible?

Also, if I go dipole, any suggestions on drivers? I'm very fond of the Dayton RS series drivers and was considering MT or MTM, with either the RS125 or RS150. As far as the tweeter goes, I may try my luck with the Seas 27TBFCG or going with the Dayton RS28. Any suggestions?

If you guys feel going dipole for computer speakers is silly, please speak up. I do have a few Shiva subs laying around that I could throw into a dipole frame to take care of the lowend. Seeing how I'll be listening in the nearfield (no more than a meter away) I'm sure I could get away with a single 12" Shiva for the lows. This also leads me to believe doing a MT would be sufficient.

Thanks for ANY input!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.