similar to Focal Utopia - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st November 2005, 05:01 AM   #1
shaunly is offline shaunly  United States
diyAudio Member

Default similar to Focal Utopia

I was wondering if there were any drivers out there that had similar performace to the Focal Utopia midbass (5, 6 or 7). Thanks
Old 1st November 2005, 05:23 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Why do you want one, I guess is my question? I've looked over Focal's OEM offerings (i.e. the W cones that I believe are used in the Utopia's but I am probably wrong), and have never been impressed. A Seas Excel could probably do it a lot better for less.
Old 1st November 2005, 06:07 AM   #3
shaunly is offline shaunly  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm thinking of getting a pair for my diy monitor setup. I got a chance to demo the JMlab profile 918 towers and I absolutely love them. I haven't got a chance to hear the seas excel in a good home setup yet, so I'm not really sure how that sounds. I love the lively, warm midrange that the utopia gives. So I was just wondering if there were any other drivers out there that has similar performance.

Hide this!Advertise here!