Vifa Xt25 Faceplate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys just thought id show you my new xt25 aluminium faceplate. Sorry about the quality of the pic i will post some better ones as soon as i get a chance.
Let me know what you guys think.

Regards

Bowdown

Attachments

• faceplate.jpg
    faceplate.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 492
I gave up building a wood faceplate for my XT25. It is the rear side of the plate that is difficult to form :( Looks like yours doesn't have the concave (do I use the correct word here??) surface, which is correct (according to someone in a thread about this driver)

and finally a comparison of the tweeters (old vs new). I have had a listen to both faceplates and it is extremely hard to hear the difference. I thinl that the tweeter with the new faceplate seems a little more efficient, dont know if it would be or not.
Well i like the sound of both but i prefer the new aluminium faceplate its 6mm thick if anyone is interested.

Regards

Bowdown

Attachments

• dscn0861.jpg
    dscn0861.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 217
diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
It does look great no denying that.

But the throat looks too deep and potentially restrictive and counterproduct to controlling directivity.

May have been better going with a waveguide or simply a wider throat which tapered and allowed the ring rad to breath more.

Not taking anything away from your metal turning skills but just something I'd have done a little different.

Thanx ShinOBIWAN for your info. Yeah i had the exact same thoughts as you. I knew that it would more than likely make the tweeter more directional but i still decided to go with this design. I do however want to try and re do them when i get more time as i would prefer what you said.I guess i really need to get a freq response graph of the old vs new one, but unfortunately dont know where or how i can do this as i dont have anything to test the response. Was thinking of speaker workshop but i need to build a walin jig and also i need to get a new soundcard and mic. Well if you or anyone has any other ideas as to how i can check the response i will gladly try them out and also put my results online so you can have a look if it is better or worse. By listening to them by ear i cant tell much different but that just might be me.Thanx again

Regards

Bowdown

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.