Bass Reflex Port: 46mm where to buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I'm embarking on a speaker project that specifies 46mm ID ports, and I have to admit, I'm having trouble finding any.

I'm in Australia, and I'll be down the hardware and plumbing supplies soon with my calipers, but I haven't been able to find anything matching online yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Just recalculate the port diameter and length to suit what you can get. If you put the existing numbers in WinISD, play with the Vb, port dia, port length, you can then find the Fb (box tuning frequency).

Just change the port dia to what you can get, and the new length will appear.

Use something like WinISD or what ever you have.

maf_au said:
I'm embarking on a speaker project that specifies 46mm ID ports, and I have to admit, I'm having trouble finding any.
This has been a non-issue for me from the time I built my first BR enclosure. See here for a description of what I do. You may find Australia a tough place for odd-diameter ducts, but I'm in India, and I guess it's just as hard here. :)

Re: Re: Bass Reflex Port: 46mm where to buy?

tcpip said:

This has been a non-issue for me from the time I built my first BR enclosure. See here for a description of what I do. You may find Australia a tough place for odd-diameter ducts, but I'm in India, and I guess it's just as hard here. :)

Actually what is supposed to be 2 inch PVC pipes in India are perfectly 46 mm in diameter..
That's what i have used in my active speakers.

L2 = L1*(D2^2/D1^2)+(D2-D1)^2

I was in the same situation (but going from metric to english units) and got this formula from someone here.

L1 and D1 = the original length and diameter
insert the new diameter D2 and solve for the new length.

Its worked for me

Tim

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.