New addition to Wiki for the newbie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've added a Loudspeaker Design and Construction Guide to the Wiki.

http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Loudspeaker+Design+and+Construction+Guide

This is intended to help the new DIYer find information in one location. It's quite comprehensive and detailed and is supplied for the benefit of members. It's a follow up from the D27 + P13 Loudspeaker that's in the Wiki..... but can be built for less than half the price.

I have made a comment on the first page for anyone who finds it useful or actually uses the design, to make a donation to diyAudio to the perceived value. I'm currently hosting the information but will have to see how I go with my ISP and may need a home for it eventually.

Would a moderator care to check and make sure I haven't violated any forum rules.... I don't think I have. I do have a reference to a CD-ROM that can be purchased, but I don't make any money from the sales here (that's eBay's job) and only covers costs. The offer is only for those who must have it on CD-ROM.... which is probably none.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
Superb Rabbitz.

I wish there was something like that when I was starting out.

This should be made a sticky and change the title to 'How to design a loudspeaker' or simlar.

I've last track of the number of times folks ask for the information you've provided here, so it would be a great place to point them to and save re-iterating everything.

Thanks ShinOBIWAN.

I've been looking for ways to help the new builder and did put up a design once but really they wouldn't learn a great deal from it and was criticised for lack of bass.

This one has come from a little commercial venture but have modified and added it here as too much work to go to waste.

When I was starting I remember the amount time and mileage on the web plus books to track down info. Should be easier with it in the one place and when they need more, they'll have some background to search for more advanced info to continue in the hobby..... sort of training wheels. ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.