I cannot find on we -. urgent! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th October 2005, 07:57 AM   #1
T11 is offline T11  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default I cannot find on we -. urgent!

Hello to all and fast to the point!

I need a picture of the studio (recordnig or else) that is using front horns. I remember that I had one but I can´t find it. It is an eseential point for my diploma. I am currently having also troubles with the persuasion of my profesors as they do not know enough of acoustics to be sure that the usage of front horns is indeed (if made right!) a possible solutions for bigger halls with large audience (as they do not use it now anyway, right!...).

thank you.
Old 19th October 2005, 06:38 PM   #2
synergy is offline synergy  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

i can't point you in the direction of the picture you're thinking of but from the stand point of acoustic environments front loaded horns are the ONLY way to go when trying to cover audiences effectively

this is simply down to the dispersion control they afford over conventional direct radiating designs

anything that isn't firing directly at the audience simply bounces off any and every surface it can smearing the overall sound with horrible delays and attendant phase cancellations

whilst no dispersion pattern can ever be perfect the whole idea is to keep as much sound as possible from hitting anything other than the audience
Old 19th October 2005, 07:04 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Kinosha Monitors in Rey Studios, Japan, Sidney ..... sorry don't have the URL.
Old 19th October 2005, 08:28 PM   #4
cfb is offline cfb  United States
diyAudio Member

The Monitor designed by “Shozo Kinoshita” is at http://www.reyaudio.com Or are you looking for Westlake Audio Monitors at http://www.thelakestudios.com/Studios/studios.html
hope this helps.
Old 21st October 2005, 08:03 AM   #5
T11 is offline T11  Slovenia
diyAudio Member

Default thank you for your effort!

Yes, This is good also, but what I had in mind is big sferical (tractrise for example) horn used for mids and small one for highs. I saw ones a picture of this audio or recording studio room but never again found anything like that. There were-as I remember (now I am starting to believe that I dreamt abou that)- three horns pointing down to the mix table form each side of the room.

thank you all!!!

Hide this!Advertise here!