3 way loudspeaker Project!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Me and a friend, are planning to build a 3 way loudspeaker using these drivers:

- Hiquphon tweeter

- SEAS Excel W18E001 midbass

- SEAS L26 10'' woofer

I know well the Hiquphon OWI and SEAS Excel W15CH001 woofer and I realy like them. What do you guys think about using a Fountek 3'' Ribbon, or the Aurun Cantus G2 tweeter?

I'm thinking of using a 2500hz cutoff between the midbass and tweeter, and a 200hz cutoff on the woofer. With the option of bi- amp for the subwoofer in the crossover.

Also thought about a vented enclosure for the midbass, and a sealed enclosure for the subwoofer, but what about a TL project?

Any comments, suggestions?

Hi there,

I saw similar driver configuration at salksound.com veracity ht3 or selahaudio.com RC4 without a built in sub loudspeakers, but don't feel confident to attempt building XO myself using 8" for midrange and 10" for bass.

I will be building 3-way speakers soon using expensive drivers from seas excel line like you mentioned but most likely using a kit supplied by designer.

If someone could share xo drawings for speakers above would be a huge help.

My friend have experience with crossover, but I thought about using a crossover designed by Dave Ellis for the 1810b (in the case of using the Hiquphon).

I don't know if I use the 10'' woofer, or two 8'' woofers... coments?

The SEAS L26 need a big enclosure, what about a 10'' Peerless?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.