Straight sanding

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry to hear about having to return the tools... (Hey at least you have a friend who was willing to loan them to you!) Knowing that you borrowed some, maybe you could ask the friend what they recommend as to brands, especially if they're more of a woodworker. (Did you like the saws you borrowed? What didn't you like about them?)

Also, as to the router, what schizeckinosy said... they're fantastic for cutting the round holes for the speakers and the rabbit for flush mounting them as well. Also, with a flush trim bit, and a straight edge, you could have made quick work on the wavy edge problem you had. (Remember earlier in the thread someone recommending this technique, I'd say who specifically, but that response is off the bottom of the reply thread)

Also, if you want to see what's available and pricing, you could take a look at Tool Crib of the North through Amazon.com, I don't know if they'll ship to NZ, but it will at least give you an idea of what's out there... (Don't look at the table saws, those make me drool!!! But the price... :bigeyes: )

Keep us up to date on the project and if you need more help!! (Have you started the glue-up yet, and if so, how's it going?)

P.S. - that last question just reminded me of the #1 thing woodworkers always need and can never have enough of... CLAMPS!! Bar clamps, pipe clamps, C clamps, screw clamps, etc. You should be discovering this little dilemma if you're starting your glue-up now....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.