Flush Soffit Mount Studio Monitor Mounting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How would you determine the optimum placement (first reflections, bass loading, side wall, floor, ceiling dip) for some soffit mount coaxials? I image not having them at an equal distance to the floor, ceiling or walls would be a good place to start - plus not at any 1/4 wave away at the room width, height or depth? Then they need to be at the right height for imaging , and far enough apart --- what am I missing?

Any software out there to help determine this for me??

Konnichiwa,

Magnetar said:
How would you determine the optimum placement (first reflections, bass loading, side wall, floor, ceiling dip) for some soffit mount coaxials?

Given that the hight is more or less given and given that you want around a 60 degree you don't have all that much of a degree of freedom. A 15" should "beam" nicely above 300Hz which takes care of most refections I'd be worried about. If in doubt I'd think golden ratio and consider a long distance to the sidewall a greater problem than being fairly close.

Sayonara

there was a series of articles in the guide to hometheater mag for placement of satellite speakers to minimize room bass modes. it gave some simple ratios in three dimensions. it was for the 3 front channels, but it may be useful for your surrounds as well.

something like if your seating is at 2/5 & 3/5 width and your speakers are 3/10 height then there distance should be x from the front wall.

i'll see if i can find it for you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.