Boston A60's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I am new to the forum, and to speakers in general, ( i have a basic knowledge at least though). I do know enough about speakers to spot a great deal when i see one. Yesterday i was picking through a rundown thriftshop to find a pair of old boston A60 speakers, in pretty good condition. the foam surroundings are torn but i have already ordered a repair kit for 20 bucks. But the good thig about this deal is that when i asked the woman at the desk about the price she shrugged and said "those old things? how about $3 dollars each?" i said "ill take em!" so now i have to wait for the repar kit to come to hear them, i turned the better of the two on at low volume, and it sounded fine, so i dont think theres anything wrong with them. now i just have to get a good cd player and receiver for them, and maybe add some more speakers. Since technically these are my first nice home theater speakers (im 17) i guess i can call this my first system. i have the klipsch promedia 2.1 with my computer. but i really wanted some nice bookshelf speakers. But the real point of this post is to ask for advice. i want to start building and guying speakers for my first, really nice home theater system. i like these bostons but my favorite has always been klipsch. so if anyone can reccomend some good speakers, discontinued, refurb whatever, i would apreciate it. also a point in the right direction for a good CD player. I was checkin out onkyo for my first nice player, but some pro advice would be nice. Thanks in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.