Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th September 2005, 01:53 PM   #11
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Hmmm, let's see, 11 gallons is about 45 liters or 45,000 grams. 18 grams/mole, so that's 2500 moles. One mole would take 96,500 coulombs, so you'll need about 240 megacoulombs. Ten minutes is 600 seconds, so you'll need 400,000 amps. Good luck with that one.
Old 28th September 2005, 03:11 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

The jewelry trade uses commercially available water electrolysis units to provide a pure oxy-hydrogen flame for precision welding purposes. Anything that increased the efficiency would be useful.

Don't pay to much attention to Stan Meyer's claims. When I was assisting some cold-fusion reseachers many years back we looked closely at his claims and there was no authentication of any of them.

You may want to investigate the interesting properties of the electrolysis of water (using sodium hydroxide as the electrolyte) when the ion conduction path in the electrolyte is in a strong magnetic field. If the current through the water and the magnetic field are orthogonal then the water moves sideways (as you might expect from Faraday's laws). You can get quite high speed vortices forming for which some researchers are claiming anomalous energy production.
Old 28th September 2005, 05:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SY
Hmmm, let's see, 11 gallons is about 45 liters or 45,000 grams. 18 grams/mole, so that's 2500 moles. One mole would take 96,500 coulombs, so you'll need about 240 megacoulombs. Ten minutes is 600 seconds, so you'll need 400,000 amps. Good luck with that one.

AH thanks for that.... yea figured it was probably impossible to do it so quickly

in normal electrolysis that's 680,000 watts for 10 min and would need cathodes able to handle this with enough area to do it

the best cathodes I've found are 2A/cm2... so 20000 A/m2... so a surface area around 30 m2 is needed

/heheheheh damn....
Old 28th September 2005, 05:36 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Ouroboros
The jewelry trade uses commercially available water electrolysis units to provide a pure oxy-hydrogen flame for precision welding purposes. Anything that increased the efficiency would be useful.

Don't pay to much attention to Stan Meyer's claims. When I was assisting some cold-fusion reseachers many years back we looked closely at his claims and there was no authentication of any of them.

You may want to investigate the interesting properties of the electrolysis of water (using sodium hydroxide as the electrolyte) when the ion conduction path in the electrolyte is in a strong magnetic field. If the current through the water and the magnetic field are orthogonal then the water moves sideways (as you might expect from Faraday's laws). You can get quite high speed vortices forming for which some researchers are claiming anomalous energy production.
meyers claims did seem highly suspect good to hear from a good source that they're hogwash

I was looking at electrolytes etc for hydogren production... problem was getting ENOUGH hydrogen production with the least amount of HP wasted.... around 17000 watts is needed to produce 60L/minute with sulfuric acid as the electrolyte.... or am I off one these calculations?

is there any cheap chemical substance that when dropped into water releases hydrogen for say a pretty extended period of time?

say 30 days at 60L/minute? the hydrogen can be in the substance or releases it from the water itself... I dunno which is easier and longer lasting while still cheap
Old 28th September 2005, 07:30 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Where and how will you store all the gas?

It'll make about 2,200 cubic feet of highly explosive gas mixture from 11 gallons of water.

I'm quite glad you live half a planet away.

I wouldn't want my next door neighbour building a machine that used thousands of amps to produce massive quantities of explosives gasses while making a 150+ decibel noise.
Old 28th September 2005, 07:42 PM   #16
SY is offline SY  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Quote:
When I was assisting some cold-fusion reseachers many years back
Who would that have been?
Old 28th September 2005, 08:54 PM   #17
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Audiophilenoob
is there any cheap chemical substance that when dropped into water releases hydrogen for say a pretty extended period of time?
What you want is something that works for free, so in the end this is what's going to do it for you: nature.
http://www.energycooperation.org/bioproductionH2.htm

That is until the bacteria evolve an learn that you are using their farts to power your car after which they'll demand equal pay, treatment, and the 50" plasma tv.
Old 28th September 2005, 09:02 PM   #18
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by quickshift
Where and how will you store all the gas?

It'll make about 2,200 cubic feet of highly explosive gas mixture from 11 gallons of water.

I'm quite glad you live half a planet away.

I wouldn't want my next door neighbour building a machine that used thousands of amps to produce massive quantities of explosives gasses while making a 150+ decibel noise.
the gas would without a doubt be pressured to around 10000 PSI or pressured to liquid....

it's been done in fact.... but the problem this far is getting the hydrogen INTO the vechile... this would do it inside and be safer and all you would need is water... the oxygen can be stored for the intake (think free nitrous oxide) or expelled

I dunno if this works though
Old 28th September 2005, 09:09 PM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by grataku

What you want is something that works for free, so in the end this is what's going to do it for you: nature.
http://www.energycooperation.org/bioproductionH2.htm

That is until the bacteria evolve an learn that you are using their farts to power your car after which they'll demand equal pay, treatment, and the 50" plasma tv.

it's interesting of course

but the scale of that bacteria would have to be immense to produce around 1.5 moles a minute of hydrogen... that's a LOT of hydrogen

this might been cool on a large scale for semi-free hydrogen to power a house or something where space isn't limited... but in a car you can't have a bathtub with bacteria in it to produce hydrogen to start your car and drive lol

I think I'm going to have to create an alloy... not really a big deal... but rather expensive to get it right... I wonder if I can get some of Bush's $1 billion bill to help with this
Old 28th September 2005, 09:13 PM   #20
grataku is offline grataku  United States
diyAudio Member

Liquified oxygen and hydrogen mixture and reactive surface: that's going to be beautiful. Let me know I'll get the camera ready. (tha't's me wearing welding goggles while waiting)

I guess you didn't understand quickshifts question.

Hide this!Advertise here!