Seattle DIY@ Adire

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Over on the Madisound forum there was a complaint that there wasn't any DIY meets in the area. Given that VSAC isn't going to happen and "The Puget Sound" was scheduled to be on the alternating year , so as not to compete with VSAC, folks in the Pacific Northwest were stuck without a venue to display their masterpieces.
Dispair no longer, Dan Wiggins has offered to fill the void by hosting the Seattle DIY event on Saturday, October 15. If you haven't met Dan, he's a pretty nice guy......in fact, if his character weren't marred by his nearly insane jealosy of my groundbreaking speaker designs.......well OK, I'm here to help Dan, not to tell the truth :^)
He did ask me to get the word out, or else my Radio Shack SPL meter (left at Adire by accident) gets used for testing his Parthenon Subwoofer!

Seriously Dan hosts a great event and everyone seems to have a great time.
Hope to see you there,
TerryO

So if you're interested, here's some of the details posted on the Madisound Forum by Dan:

2006 196th Street SW, Suite 102, Lynnwood, WA 98036. Exit 181B off of I-5. We'll run from Noon to 6-7 PM or so...

If there are commercial vendors who come, they'll be limited to 2 speaker systems. I want to see what the DIYers have!

Electronics will be welcome, too... We have two complete sets of electronics (SACD/DVD player, preamp, amplifier), but could use a 3rd. Anyone have some cool electronics they want to bring for a 3rd rack?

Judging - we can do a "best of show" type judging if you like.

Dan Wiggins
Adire Audio

I am SO there.

Wow, long time no visit this site. I'll bring my as yet unnamed latest set of speakers. Not saying much about them except, of course, they are relatively large, feature some unusual construction, and are so green.

Do we still need any electronics? I don't have a preamplifier per se, but have a receiver with preamp outputs and several amplifiers (oh the horror!).

Aaron Gilbert

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.