Wallin II / SW impedance calib problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm having a heck of time peforming the impedance calibration with my jig.

My impedance curves for my drivers never dip below 12 ohms for what should be 7-8 ohm drivers.

My jig measured out correctly after I built it but I notice that when I have J2 and J3 connected to my sound card (M-Audio Transit USB) and set the jig to 16 or 4 ohm calibration mode that BP3-BP4 measure 31 and 8 ohm, respectively. Is that normal?

My other problem is that the calibration process says that I appear to have an open connection.

I've tried connecting it to the laptop's internal sound card and have tried different cables but I still keep getting the same error message.

Any ideas?

Looks like it's a problem with my laptop. In the IMPCAL16 mode, the BP3-BP4 resistance measures 32R when plugged into the Transit and 64 when plugged into the laptop's line in.

Did the Wallin checkout a second time and found no problem.

Took the jig downstairs to my desktop line in and IMPCAL16 meausures 16R just like it's supposed to.

Crap. Now I need to drag my desktop upstairs. Girlfriend is not going to like that.

Just another Moderator
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Did you try measuring again after doing the first calibration? sometimes if the calibration is out it will take a few goes to get a proper reading.

The other thing that might help is working out the impedance of your laptops sound card, and put that in instead of the default.

Tony.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.