Gradient speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Doeas anyone know more about this company? I'm not thinking of high end speaker manufacturer from Finland, but on Germam company of same name which produces speaker drivers. I believe they are not made by them since in their catalogue I can recognize some of Czech TVM drivers, I've also heard that DST manufactures some drivers from them. I'm interested in their aluminium drivers, they seem nice and are not expensive. Anyone tried them or maybe knows who actually manufactures them?
Here is link on their catalogue.
http://www.intertechnik.de/user/gradient_hb_2004.pdf

thanks!

Hi,
I bought the Gradient W160AL8 after reading you can use it fullrange.
The treble was so nasty and simply not enough I mated it with a Tangband W3-871S actively XOed.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The credit for the ML-TL design goes to Greg Monfort (GM), it works like a charm. Tight bass out of one "little" 16cm-chassis.
(http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=24176&highlight=
1st design from GM´s response)
There was not one day I was thinking about using my subwoofer, neither for music or HT. (IMO of course)

A german online magazine mated the W160AL8 with another 3"-fullrange (Veravox 3). Passive XO and a sealed cabinet ~17l.
I heard it at a hifi-show and it was stunning. Especially looking at the price of the combination. 23€ for the Gradient, 35€ for the Veravox and a 12dB passive XO.

In a german speaker-forum there is an ongoing project with a W160AL8 and a Peerless WA10.
If they do publish plans at one point I´ll let you know.

Don´t think you can wrong with that chassis. The other Gradients never really were featured very much.

Greets
Jens

I´ve found crossing over in the region of 200-300Hz to sound best.
I´m using a Behringer CX-2310 and so 24dB Linkwitz-Riley filters.
I still haven´t sealed the Tangband in it´s own little enclosure as I´ve started on another project but it´s a very nice speaker.
I was also playing with 6dB filter (passive) which do quite OK.
(only have very little parts to play with and didn´t measure anything)
Only thing is the little fullranger ideally wants a 12dB to produce good SPL and not run out of excursion.

the combo with the veravox3:
http://www.audio-club.de/text.php?id=53&s=read

greets

When I said nasty well, I don´t mean nasty resonances.
The sound with missing treble was somehow awful, compressed.
The fact that the resonances are indeed not too extreme led one of the big german speaker magazines to present them as fullrange.

I think you should be able to cross over at 2kHz but that´s IMO and what do I know?
Have a look yourself:
Just found those two from Klang+Ton, Hobby Hifi.;)
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.