JBL K140 Enclosure Design??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys,
I have 4 Jbl K140 Professional Series Woofers(15") With a Pair of Jbl Professional Series Horns. I also have a Pioneer Reciever (solid State) pre amped to a Mcintosh MC2300 (2 x 300 Watts RMS @ .00001% THD) Very powerful and clean amplifier for those who don't know about it, it was $1500.00 back in the early 70's.
Now on to the question at hand, I need to know what would be a great enclosure for these woofers with the power at hand and the type of music I like to listen to...(Rock, and some Rap)

GM

Joined 2003
Greets!

You ain't lying! I used one to drive a pair of modded Altec 210 theater midbass horns for a couple of decades till I had to sell off some stuff to keep the medical community wealthy.

Anyway, these are more midbass than LF drivers, so a good prosound alignment would be ~2.213 ft^3/53 Hz Fb. For Hi-Fi you'll have to trade efficiency for BW, so from ~4.25 - 10.63 ft^3/28 Hz Fb and boost as required to get the desired in-room response.

Or stick them in some JBL 4560 front horns to go 'live'. ;)

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.