MB Quart

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know anything about the MB Quart 1600
2x6.5" floor stander?

I bought a pair of these a while back, I'm after pretty much any information on them, even just oppinions.

Cheers,

Matt

Attachments

• dsc02024.jpg
    dsc02024.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 225
Slinkylink said:
Does anyone know anything about the MB Quart 1600
2x6.5" floor stander?

I bought a pair of these a while back, I'm after pretty much any information on them, even just oppinions.

Cheers,

Matt

They are at least 12+ years old and are a 2 1/2-way design IIRC. The bottom woofer is in parallel w/ the upper below the LP point which could make them tough to drive w/ some amps.

I've listened to them and liked them. I would not call them the end all, be all, in terms of sound quality nor were they intended to be. But they are not bad. They were an art design meant to look good in some settings. MBQ made a number of designs like that. The 1600 was made available in a number of finishes like beech & cherry. The QL 01C (I think that was the number) had a similar front facade but was a small 2-way bookshelf.

The main problems were the cabinets are rather light and they can be tippy/top heavy on soft carpet. Beware.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.