JVC ribbon super tweeters?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've found some "JVC ribbon super tweeters" in a local surplus store I've posted. I see people seem to appreciate a lot ribbon tweeters. The specs : 2¾"x4", 100w, 6kHz-40kHz, 8Ohm, 92dB.

Should I buy one or two, try them, and :
-if I dislike, return them
-if I like, buy enough for the 6.1 (6)
-if I really like, build other speakers with them also (20)

or

stock 20 without listening to build all the speakers I want before they disappear(surplus):
-6.1, needs 6
-ambisonic (rear top left, rear bottom left...) needs 8 14
-an other 6.1 in my room

:D no not really the infamous [ or famous!] tonigen ribbon tweet coused hI- F I WORLD some consternation in some of their designs finding a bass/ mid that goes high enough to meet the tonigens 6 k low end so l would say it is quite common in nipponese ribbons, such as these....[ ps] probably the jvc ribbon was oem'd from tonigen:confused: give 'em a go..... might just do the trick;) cheers TC

I'm going to build some satellite speakers with them. Going from 150Hz to 20kHz.

I've found a speaker to go with it:

They tell it's a woofer
Type : Air suspension (Full Range)
Size : 4"
Power : 30w RMS
Impedance : 8 ohms
Freq. range : 100Hz-8kHz
Magnet : 6oz shielded
Price : 10$

Cone looks like the same material as the ones coming with 15$ PC multimedia speakers). Is it paper? Is it worth buying them?

I've re-read the result talking about this and JVC did mfg'd ribbons.

The thing that made me think the JVCs were OEMs was that I read fast this sentence: "Both JVC and Foster were distributors for Panasonic."

Actually, when I search about "JVC ribbon", I see only things like "That's the best tweeter RadioShack ever sold", "They sound pretty good", etc.

So I guess I'll buy a couple of them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.