Should BSC be applied before or after padding down the tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jomor said:
BSC is applied to the woofer, then you pad down your tweeter to match the woofer's corrected magnitude. What is it exactly that you want to do ? Could you explain perhaps with a schematic that you have in mind ?

Yikes.

No wonder I couldn't get my speakers to sound right!

I could never get a correct balance... they either had good, flat bass response or a balanced treble... but not both things :rolleyes: Silly me.

For the record, the crossover point is 3 KHz. According to the Edge, BSC starts just below this frequency. That's why I thought I may be able to get away with just using one resistor.

I included a diagram of my current crossover. The BSC circuit is ahead of both the tweeter and woofer input. I suppose this is wrong.

So, if I understand correctly, I first need to make sure the woofer is flat right up to the crossover frequency using BSC, and then I pad the tweeter down? Hopefully, this won't be too hard, since I'll be using JustMLS.

:rolleyes:

Attachments

• current.gif
    current.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 122
catapult said:
You may be able to remove the BSC circuit and just make the first inductor in the lowpass larger. Since you have LspCAD, it will be easy to model it and see.

I assume then that the second circuit is the right one... I think :)

If I make the first inductor larger, should I still add a resistor in parallel to it?

Thanks!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.