Xt25 P13 Mtm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm planning on building my first loudspeaker project. I'd like to build some MTM's with the Vifa XT25 and P13. I understand that these two speakers are quite good. I'd like to build this arrangement for home theater use. I have no idea on how to design a crossover, so I'm asking for help or any suggestions.

Thank you!

There are many good designs out there for crossovers.... you can begin with letting the P13's decay naturally and set the XT at4kHz... Does not look good on paper but I have this rig set-up in my basement and sounds pretty good.

This should get you started...

The XT like s a steep filter, I would not go below 3kHz.

Why not just drop the XT25 and build ME2/Ariel instead? If you want to design on your own (which I think you shouldn't) and use the XT25, I will suggest XT25 with PL14 in MTM. The Premium 22XT (with XT-300 tweeter) can be used as refference or benchmark.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.