Best way to connect top to bottom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What is the best way to connect the top to the bottom of my loudspeaker so that it can be remove easily? I'm thinking of connecting them permanently together but that is toooo heavy. This is my first diy speaker so please help me out. I'm stucked in this phase and cannot complete the project. All advice and commets are wellcome.

Thanks Minh

Attachments

• dsc00344 (medium).jpg
    dsc00344 (medium).jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 196
http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=260-367

something like this on the underside is what I use

about 4 per top should provide quite a bit of shear strength and should be easy to remove vertically

I've used them in the past and they are very hard to break (even though they're plastic) if sheared...

and they're cheap if you do break one

minh_827 said:
What is the best way to connect the top to the bottom of my loudspeaker so that it can be remove easily? I'm thinking of connecting them permanently together but that is toooo heavy. This is my first diy speaker so please help me out. I'm stucked in this phase and cannot complete the project. All advice and commets are wellcome.

Thanks Minh

This is a riot, a cordless, some hotsauce and the KRS's.... :D

minh_827 said:
THANKS Audiophilenoob for the help, but I think there too weak to support the top cabinet. It's really heavy. I used constraint layer damping. Front baffle is 3 layer of 3/4 mdf, 1/8 vinly damping from acoustical solution, 1'' mdf

I think you're underestimating how much force it would take to break these with a shear

probably you would have to tip the whole cabinet over and hold it in the air side ways and just let the top fall

I don't think you plan to do that do you?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.