centre channel Please Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Im trying to built my first speaker and wish I would of find this site before buying the drivers.The woofers are 2x8" MG shielded frequency 40hz -8khz ,90 db SPL.The tweeter is an AUDAX awo25m1 with resonance frequency at FS 1000hz .The only parts for crossover that I was giving was 47mh ,7.5 uf for the woofer and 1.0 mh ,3.6 uf for the tweeter.I know its a two way secound order but was'nt told which one .I also was'nt told the crossover point ( I told him I wanted at least a 4000 to 5000 point).I also told him that I wanted to put a bi-amp terminal (bought from him)did'nt put it on the blue print how to connect it (only as one reg terminal on it)Now after seeing other crossovers in the 3rd and 4th order and resistors ,Lpad ,notch Im a bit confused what to do .Pat.P

If you've got all the bits, build it to the spec. There's no particular crossover that's better or worse for centre speakers but they do have to be designed to suit the drivers.

Build away and you can fiddle later on if you feel like it.... never know, might learn something and have a bit of fun. Have a look at the values you've got and try and work out how they were determined.... some homework :D

Cheers

rabbitz said:
If you've got all the bits, build it to the spec. There's no particular crossover that's better or worse for centre speakers but they do have to be designed to suit the drivers.

Build away and you can fiddle later on if you feel like it.... never know, might learn something and have a bit of fun. Have a look at the values you've got and try and work out how they were determined.... some homework :D

Cheers
Thanks for advice will go ahead and built to spec.I also do my homework on full range speaker for center channel.Im not in as rush have 3 centre channel ,Paradigm,Axiom,Jbl. Pat.P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.