Best way to connect wire to your driver terminals - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd August 2005, 06:14 AM   #1
andy2 is offline andy2  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Best way to connect wire to your driver terminals

I use those quick connects from madisound but they are so weak and feeble. The terminals on most drivers are also very flimsy that they can be broken pretty easily. I would imagine that if you pull them too hard, they would come off the driver and there goes your 200 usd.
I guess you could solder your wire directly to the terminals but if you make a mistake, it could damage the drivers.

does anyone have a good way to do this?
Old 22nd August 2005, 06:48 AM   #2
Taco is offline Taco  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

I always solder the units. The trick is to place them on their magnet, so if you spill some solder it will not fall on the cone itself.

Lookout with Scanspeak revelator series woofers, if these terminals are heated to much the insulation of the solder tabs will melt (the tabs are not mounted on a piece of epoxy, but fitted in the basket itself).

Hide this!Advertise here!