Figuring out speaker problems

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of Mission M73s that are having problems. A digital amp I was modifying went nuts and sent some trash through the speakers. The midranges are fine, but the tweeters in both speakers work sometimes and don't work others. I don't want to ship these back to Mission so I plan on fixing them myself. Is my problem just with the tweeters or is it possible the crossover has problems too? Is there an easy way to test for damage to the crossover and the tweeters? There is no visible damage.

Thanks.

No L-Pad on the speakers.

I did a few measurements, but I don't know what is valid.

I played a 6000Hz sin wave through the crossover. Voltage measured higher on the output side. I am not sure how to measure current or resistance of the crossover. I will try testing the caps later.

The tweeter measures a resistance of around 6ohms. I will try playing a sin wave directly through the tweeter and see how it reacts.

Since the problem is intermitent it might be a bit hard to diagnose.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.