PTP Active Crossover Wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm in the later stages of designing and building a 4-way dipole. I've built a breadboard prototype crossover, and modified/adjusted so that I'm ready to build the crossover. I want to do them with point-to-point wiring, (I have no resources or interest for a custom pcb) and have some newbie questions.

What sort of boards should I mount them on? Fiberglass/wood/plexi/doesn't matter?

How do I connect the opamps?

Thanks,

Paul

paulhfx said:
Should I use boards with pre-drilled holes? If so, should they be copper-lined or bare?

Paul

Assuming that you don't want to have custome made PCBs, then you could use boards like shown in the pics. These have predrilled holes and copper pads. You can also look for some with traces connecting multiple holes to make connecting multiple components to a single point easier.

paulhfx said:

If I use IC sockets, how do I connect wiring to the ic sockets - just solder into the same hole in the board?

Thanks,

Paul

If you select a board with individual pads, then you can plug the components in and solder the pads together. If yoou get the ones with traces that already connect multiple holes, then use that to connect the components and wiring.

Attachments

• 57l10002.jpg
    57l10002.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 91
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.