pmc speakers with volt drivers???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently had the great pleasure to hear the PMC AB2 speaker. I fell in love and of course wanted more, but no it was the only model they had. They did give me the company booklet and I have been dream of the BB5 and MB1 not too mention the XBD ever since.

I was hoping someone out there has heard these wonders and might give a word or twenty about them. I have been to the Volt web site and have seen the cost of these big bad boys but it they are are really that good why aren;t more companies using them???

Does any one know of other sub woofers that might use these drivers???

thanks,

gary

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
The Volt PA drivers appear to be unique and very well designed. Their website does not appear to list an American distributor.

I am not sure, but the Radial design of their PA speakers might well address the issue of magnetic linearity in the voice coil area. If it does, it might be the only PA speaker that does so.

Additionally, their sensitivity ratings agree with the Thiele-Small parameters. It is an involved story, but many PA brands, even good ones, exaggerate their sensitivity ratings. Volt appears to list the accurate figure. Impressive.

A DJ friend of mine from Ireland says that the Volts are attracting a LOT of attention from professional sound people in Ireland and Britain.

The REL line of subwoofers use Volt speakers.

More than that, I cannot say, having never heard them. But they do seem to have some unique design features that indicate that people at the company are actually thinking.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.