Kef R105/3 Kube equaliser schematic - Page 7 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd October 2010, 05:11 AM   #61
diyAudio Member

Would that be power supply for KUBE 200?
That is what I need and my understanding is it’s 23 VAC. What would be your cost with shipping to Seattle, Wa?
I might try to make it myself as I do have DIN already and can use 24VAC adapter. I’m still waiting for the KUBE unit to arrive – my speakers are KEF 103/4 and KUBE 200 was option for those; I bought it just to try it on my system and ‘cause it was really cheap.
Cheers,
Old 22nd October 2010, 03:58 PM   #62
Phil50 is offline Phil50  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

The PSU is 23V at 300ma.

I often see remarks like "whats the cheapest option" If you want "Cheep" go buy a budgie. Dont compramise on good quality cable and connectors.

If you want to save money buy a sony walkman.

regards
Old 22nd October 2010, 09:49 PM   #63
diyAudio Member

Itís not about cheapest option at all; I never mentioned that. But to paraphrase Top Gear crew: How hard can it be?

Itís a120 to 23 VAC transformer and looking at the KEF part Ė I see itís not overbuild and itís only 300mA rating. It would be interesting to know it is *really* 23 VAC as all power adapters I had (various equipment) were always more. And DIN connectors are the same, thatís the purpose of Deutsches Institut fŁr Normung (DIN).

Having said that, Iíll probably make one myself. Iím just doing some homework before my KUBE 200 (with no powersupply) arrives.

Thank you.
Old 1st November 2010, 05:40 PM   #64
diyAudio Member

Default Kef SP2104 ac adaptor for Kef Kube SP2089

Hello, I am new to this forum. Was wondering if anyone has the five pin connection diagram for the din plug to the power supply. I have to install a new din plug for wiring to the plug that was defective. I have white, red, blue and black wires. Thank You very much, Dave S.
Old 21st March 2011, 01:00 AM   #65
diyAudio Member

center pin is ground, two outer most pins are your hot pins.
remember you need a 180 degree 5-pin DIN plug. Most 5 pin DINs seem to be 240 or 270 degree versions.
Old 8th October 2012, 12:08 PM   #66
diyAudio Member

Hi,,

I recently purchased a mint condition pair of KEF 105/3's here in the UK. They required bass driver refoaming (doughnut and surrounds) which I purchased from AudioFriends in NL. I speak Dutch so I am happy to translate any of their instructions for speaker refoaming, if needed. I took photos every step of the way with my repair so I am happy to assist anyone with such a job on these fine speakers.

I'm in need of a Kube 200 and I find schematics here but that is a job probably beyond my skillset, so I'm looking to either buy a Kube 200 from someone or would buy a unit built by someone with quality components. I'm waiting on an authorisation code from the admin to join the HiFiLoudspeaker forum. Let me know if I can help you in any way PLEASE.

Cheers, Zak
Old 17th October 2012, 05:32 PM   #67
diyAudio Member

I think I have an old KUBE 200 pcb assembly somewhere. PM me if you are interested.
Old 20th January 2013, 12:00 PM   #68
diyAudio Member

Default KUBE 200

The original KEF Kube engineer "speakerguru" has replicated the KUBE 200 pcb over on SpeakerTalk :: View topic - Looking for Kube200 for my KEF 105/3
If enough people are interested it might be possible to get boards made up at a not too ridiculous price. Cheapest fixed setup cost is ~£60; then there's the board price on top of that which depends on the quantities ordered at one time.
Old 2nd February 2013, 09:40 PM   #69
diyAudio Member

Now I'm confused... Andrewj, speakerguru and you all had a hand In the design of the k200 ?

I've found this thread fascinating. I'm really sad however that despite all my control theory, I just cannot keep up with the explanation of 6th order, 3rd order and 4 th order with triple sulko. !

From all your experience, and given that the 105/3'a are efficient to begin with, how much headroom do you lose when adding the Kube ? I have run swept tones from 15hz and monitored the bass output with my mk1 ears and of course at the 20hz level, the cones flap away but nothing happens... It's like the cavity just "absorbs" the bass and keeps it inside !

It's only when the f rises to 35 hz does the bass output become strong. Interestingly at around 50hz, cone excursion is low and bass is high

Clever speakers. I love my 105/3s and since I've re-foamed, upgraded crossover caps, replaced the internal bell wire, re-stuffed the bass sections with rockwool, and changed to the uni-q tweeter from the 109 maidstones, (sp 1414) they are sublime.

Incredible imaging and depth etc etc.

Of course, of the lower registers I feel what is there is fast, tight and accurate. I've also found them to be highly revealing of the source material. No "one note" bass here.

Last edited by clubsport911; 2nd February 2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 10th March 2013, 12:19 AM   #70
diyAudio Member

Hello glasswolf.
I just bought a very nice pair of the KEF 104/2 last week. This week I got the matching KUBE 104/2, but sadly no power supply . I saw the notes of your power supply. I would like to do the same if you might provide a photo and maybe some detail where to by the power supply and the DIN plug. I would offer to but a couple of your extra plugs...

Hide this!Advertise here!