Kef R105/3 Kube equaliser schematic - Page 3 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 29th January 2007, 02:54 PM   #21
diyAudio Member

Default Did anyone ever get the schematic

HI

Did anyone ever find a schematic for the KUBE 200 ?

I need to build a balanced version to work with my amp/preamp

Can anyone clarify wether this is just a Linkwitz transform ? and if it is what are the unequalized Fo and Q of the Kef 105/3 bass section

Thanks for the help

Dam
Old 29th January 2007, 03:15 PM   #22
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

If you have the 105/3 speakers to hand you can measure the Fc and Qtc yourself.

As for the balanced part, you just tack a balanced input and balanced output onto the Linkwitz Transform.
Old 29th January 2007, 06:16 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

Default Kef R105/3 Kube equaliser schematic

Hi Ritchie

I had thought of both of these answers however I do not want to add two extra stages to each of hot and cold lines

Also

1. I'm not sure that the KUBE is JUST a linkwitz as it has a high frequency control

2. To measure the Fo and Q it must be a bare drive or drives and I'm not really willing to get inside the 105's to eliminate the X over and conjugate impeadence matcher

Dam
Old 29th January 2007, 07:10 PM   #24
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

If you don't want to add extra stages then you are stuck. 99.9% of all line level circuitry is unbalanced and just has a converter stage at each end.

It may be a Linkwitz Transform plus some kind of shelving tone control for the high range then.

Actually you MUST measure Fc and Qtc in the box or it's all pointless in this scenario. However, if there is a conjugate network on the bass that will possibly screw up the readings a small amount, but maybe nothing disastrous.
Old 30th January 2007, 03:29 AM   #25
diyAudio Member

Sorry if this is a bit off-topic, but since there are some knowledgeable KUBE people in this thread, I have been wondering:

The KUBE instructions with my 104.2 state that the KUBE has a better S/N ratio when inserted into the tape loop rather than between pre-amp and power amp. I have not done a direct comparison of the two configurations, because of the inconvenience of changing all of the interconnects.

Placing the KUBE between pre-amp and power amp would be more convenient for me for several reasons. When playing a DVD with a 5.1 soundtrack, the surround sound decoding may be disabled when using the tape loop on my preamp-processor (Sherwood P-965). So I would prefer to place the KUBE between the preamp and the power amp. How much S/N ratio will I lose that way? Thank you.
Old 30th January 2007, 07:58 AM   #26
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

It's impossible to say what degradation will occur as it depends entirely on the individual amp. The s/n ratio of the Kube is actually identical in either configuration, what they are getting at is that if you connect it in the tape loop the volume control will come after the Kube thus attenuate any noise it makes.
Old 30th January 2007, 11:32 AM   #27
diyAudio Member

Hmm ... I had assumed something different, namely that at normal listening level, the tape loop has a higher signal voltage than the preamp output. If the KUBE adds the same noise floor in either configuration, then the overall signal-to-noise ratio would be higher in the tape loop configuration. The difference would be greatest at low volume and would disappear at loud volume.

Perhaps we are just using different words to say the same thing.
Old 30th January 2007, 12:14 PM   #28
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Javachip
Perhaps we are just using different words to say the same thing.
Basically, yes.
Old 12th July 2007, 08:53 AM   #29
diyAudio Member

Jez, I know this is an old post but did AJ ever come up with the schematics? If not, do you still want them?
Old 12th July 2007, 09:04 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ricobasso
Jez, I know this is an old post but did AJ ever come up with the schematics? If not, do you still want them?
Even if he doesn't, could I get them please?

Hide this!Advertise here!