Plan for a High-End Horn Loudspeaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm searching for a plan to build a Speaker with extremely good sound and high output capabilities...So I think a good Horn would do this job best... But where are plans for good Hifi-Horns with high output?
A Fullrange Horn isn't loud enough.
As Subwoofer I'd use a TUBA 36 but I also want the Loudspeakers to play deep clear and smooth at high levels.

Thanks,David ;)

Bass-Depth said:
You used them for what? Hifi or PA?
Hifi, in a number of differnt flares from the Arai 290Hz Hypex to tractrix and conicals and even some old JBL, EV and Yamaha. Now my horn rig is disassembled (new house too small for it), I'm thinking of putting one in my bass guitar rig in a conical above a pair of 15's.

Bass-Depth said:
What should I use in the area from 30/40Hz to about 400Hz where i would set the crossover frequency...

David ;)
I used an expo driven by a 15 up to about 500, then crossed to the BMS. Easy to model in Hornresp for your driver of choice.

This is also a very good sounding flare, if you can deal with the 140Hz FL.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.