Newbie : Does this system make sense TJL, GC etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have been inspired by much reading of this forum and various sites to embark on this DIY thing but would appreciate some help with a few questions :

1. I really like what I've read about Troels TJL (http://home1.stofanet.dk/troels.gravesen/) ; what are the views of those who have built. Anyone who can offer a demo in the UK ?
2. Troel makes mention of a 3-way TJL, but I can't see an email address to ask him about it (and bi-amping options). Does anyone know what it is ?
3. I am thinking about using the TJL with a Gainclone kit amp or my existing Musical Fidelity A3CR ; good match ?
4. If I use a passive pre-amp with the Gainclone such as the Creek OBH-12 or a design (if I can find one). But I have read that requires a particular impedance match between the passive preamp and the power amp. Can anyone shed light on whether the GC suits a passive pre ?

Thanks for all your views and help as I am just starting out on this journey.

Jack
P.S> My material is from classical, jazz to indie rock, but the former are most important. Room size is medium.

Hi.

I can help you with a few of the questions.

I don't think Troels ever made the 3 way TJL. His email is on the frontpage if you look careful you find it zipped in a file which is to avoid spam he says. Also I can see you have thought about his dipiole system aswell I would talk to Troels about if it could be used in your room.

I am using his Point75I with musical fidelity and thats a quite good match.

Martin

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.