switch help for multi room sound system - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Loudspeakers > Multi-Way

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th July 2005, 04:52 PM   #1
bser is offline bser  United States
diyAudio Member

Default switch help for multi room sound system

hey guys finally got my multi room sound system off the ground, using aura sound ns3 193's, all the boxes are near completion and the wires will be run this week once the weather cools down. My question is what is the easiest way to wire switches in so I can select which rooms to play music through. I'm sure I'm missing something here but the only thing I can think of is a switch on each seperate speaker, which will be kinda a mess of switches and wires, is there a more efficient way of doing this that someone can think of?
Old 25th July 2005, 06:18 AM   #2
just another
diyAudio Moderator

Assuming your amp doesn't have speaker switching built in, then I guess you could run the speaker out from the amp to a switch box, and have a number of relays in it.

You could have switches on the front for selecting the output, and also could remote control, best thing is that you don't need high current switches as the work is being done by the relays.

just be carefull how many of your rooms you simultaneously switch on, or you might overload your amp (assuming you parallel connect all of the speakers).

Note I haven't done this myself, but it is how I would do it

downside I guess is you would need to power the relays, but a cheap plug pack should be all that is needed.

Tony.

Hide this!Advertise here!