impedence with self made crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
If I used multiple drivers, like in a 3-way design, using a woofer and two phenolic compression drivers for mid/tweet, and hooked them to a crossover that I made, what impedence would I have if each driver is 8-ohms? I know if you average it out, like if they were all linked directly, you would have about 2 2/3 ohms... does hooking them up to any crossover make that impedence 8-ohm always? How is it determined? What must I add to make it 8-ohm? What about 4-ohm?

The crossover will present a low impedance for the passband for which it is designed, and a high impedance for the out-of-passband frequencies. It does the summing by itself.

Not to be a smart-aleck, but pick up a copy of the ARRL Handbook in virtually any library in the US and they go through the physics of why this works in terms which we can all understand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.