need crossover information for proac D38 (= a proac 2.5, but with 2 midrange drivers)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,

i have been reading the posts in this forum about the various proac 2.5 clones being made by various people, and i want to try and make a "proac clone" version of the slightly larger model of the floorstanding proac speaker.

this is the model, http://www.proac-loudspeakers.com/d38.php its basically exactly the same as a proac 2.5, except it has 2 of the midrange drivers (and therefore has a higher waTt rating)

the speaker box looks very similar in build and type.

- does anybody know anything about the crossover inside that model ?

if there are any cross over experts here :D what would happen if i just add another midrange driver to the current cross over for 2.5 clone that people are using at the moment ? would it work ?

all information most welcome :D

hi as the the xover, I don't think it would quite work, the d38 I think is a dappolito, and as such needs a slightly different xover design, and I know very little about dappolitos, apart from the fact that I think they maximise horizontal dispersion at the expense of vertical.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.