Any Dynaudio Gemini owners ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys,

First of all, sorry for my english, i'm french :)

I 've got a DIY Dynaudio Gemini pair with 15w75 woofers and D260 tweeter and the original Dynaudio crossover (-6db).

I'm searching to improve the gemini's crossover : do you know any better solution ?

I 've been told of the Dennis Murphy's second order Xover and the BESL fourth order crossover (not very cheap) .

What else ?

And what about serie's crossovers for the geminis ?

By the way, could you describe the amplifier and source associated with your geminis ? ;)

Thanks.

I do have a Dynaudio Nuance setup (in my case a Esotec D260 with a 17w-75xl06).

I have built a JLH 10W amplifier with four amplifiers in one housing. I'm almost finished with this, apart from a slight humming problem caused by the transformers. But I think I can solve this.

Last weekend I modified my loudspeakers, I took the filter outside the cabinet and placed a biwiring terminal in the cabinet.
Still not bi-amping right now, soon to come.

I do not think that the passive filters can be changed for the better, apart from more expensive components perhaps. The time delay circuit for the tweeter seems to be a perhaps weak part of the circuit.

My idea is to go active and right now I'm in the phase of gaining knowledge and good ideas.

My thoughts right now:
adjustable 1st order but in front of the amplifers
perhaps a buffer
don't know what to do with the time delay.

Luuk Boessenkool
The Netherlands

(Sony CDP XA-5-ES cd player)
(Thorens TD 147 Jubilee with a ADC VLM mk II cartridge)
Interconnects and loudspeakercable CAT 7 network cable)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.