outdoor speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi

i'm currently refurbing my patio and garden and i'm trying to get some sound out there so that i dont have to blow up my stereo to half hear the music outdoors. i've seen those shockingly ugly rock speakers for outdoor use but i was wondering if anyone knows of any decent outdoor speakers that look like speakers.

i dont want a shrubbery that makes noise!!!;)

any ideas let me know

pete

Pete,
I have recently put up speakers in my garden which sound as if they would suit what you are after. The sound out them is superb and the range they seem to produce is amazing. They claim to be fully waterproof and I have had them up and working in the rain which is wicked.

The ones I got are from aqsound at:
http://www.aqsound.com/store/en/view_product/8/101/

Hope they are what you are looking for.

Steven

My DIY outdoor speakers are 12" biscuit tins with 8" drivers and a wad of damping material inside. There's a polythene membrane over the expanded metal grilles to keep out the damp.
OK for 'everyday entertainment quality', but for parties etc. I get out a decent PA system;)

thanks dnsey - they sound cool but i'm not sure my diy skills will get me there just yet - but i am tempted to give it a go - just to impress people!!

steve - i've never heard of those speakers. but at least they dont look like a dodgy bird table!!

will have a look into them but i was assuming i would be heading down the bose route or similar - but bose are far too pricey and to be honest i would be more likely to use dnsey's biscuit tin idea.

pleased to see there looks like a budget outdoor speaker out there though. thanks for the info.

pete

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.